1. Add the "Rubric" link to the navigation bar in the course site
2. Click "New Rubric"
3. Give the rubric a name and then choose its status:
a. A "draft" rubric is not yet available to add to assessment items in D2L.
b. A "published" rubric is available for assessment items in D2L.
4. Choose the type of rubric to create:
a. An "analytic" rubric is a two-dimensional rubric with criteria and levels. Select the number of
criteria and corresponding levels and how the rubric will be scored (using points or text)
b. A "holistic" rubric is a one-dimensional rubric with only levels. Select the number of levels and how
the rubric will be scored (percentages or text).
5. Click [Save]
6. Click the "Levels and Criteria" tab.
7. To edit the levels and/or criteria fields, click on the down-arrow to the right of either the levels and/or criteria.