1. From the D2L Course Home page, click on [Quizzes] in the main navigation bar
2. Click on the title of the quiz in the “Quiz List”
3. Click on the [Layout/Questions] tab
4. Click on [Add/Edit Questions]
5. Choose “Long Answer Question (LA)” from the [Create new] dropdown menu
6. Click on [Go]
- OPTIONAL: Enter a “Title” and change the number of “Points” for this question
7. Click in the [Question text] area and type your question
- OPTIONAL: Click on [Add a file] to upload an image that will display along with the question text.
8. Define the [Input Box] as “50 rows” and “100 columns.”
9. Select [Allow Html Editor to be used for responses]
- OPTIONAL: Type an “Answer Key” if you wish. Students will not see it.
10. Click [Save]. The list of all questions for this quiz will be displayed.
- OPTIONAL: Click on the [View] icon to see how the question will appear to the students, and how it will be graded.
- OPTIONAL: After completing a question, click on [Save and New] to save the current question and immediately begin creation of a new question without first returning to the question list.
- OPTIONAL: Alternatively, click on [Save and Copy] to save the current question and create an editable copy. This is particularly useful when creating a series of questions that are very similar.