Logon to D2L, open your course site and click on
Click on New.
In the Properties tab, name the quiz.
In the Restrictions tab, note that the quiz you are creating
is inactive; be sure to make the quiz active when you are
ready for students to take it.
Optional: Set the dates during which students will be able to
access the quiz.
Set the time limit for the quiz (the time a student has
to complete the quiz once they start it.
Select a grace period and/or a late limit if you wish.
Selecting enforce provides students with a countdown timer while they take the quiz, and flags late
Select Auto–Submit if you want the students' quiz
attempt to be submitted at the end of the exam +
grace + late limit period. When Auto-Submit is
selected, the student can continue to take the exam
for as long as they like, but there score will be based
only on questions completed by the end of the exam
Advanced Availability is used to provide special
conditions of access to the quiz. Contact the LTC for
In the Attempts tab, select the number of attempts
students will have for your quiz or exam, and
indicate how their attempts will be scored.
The Submission Views tab controls what students will
see after they submit their quiz. You can also
schedule the appearance of different kinds of
quiz/exam keys in this tab., Contact the LTC when
you are ready to use this feature or the Reports tab
- Optional: Set the dates during which students will be able to access the quiz.
- Click Layout/Questions, & then Add/Edit Questions.
- Next to Create New: click to select Section & click Create New.
- Click on the first of the random sections (e.g., Quiz 1 MC). In the next screen, click Import.
- At Source Section in the next screen, select the library question folder containing your questions (e.g., biotest MC). The next screen will show the folder you selected along with all of the questions in the folder.