NOTE: To add content to your Presentation, it is important to know that only items within your ePortfolio can be included in your Presentation. In other words, you can't upload Artifacts directly to your Presentation.
You may add simple text areas, however, in which you may include links, images and embedded objects, such as YouTube videos (if you choose).
Step 1: Click on the "Content/Layout" tab, you'll see an area of gray boxes: this is a mock-up of the web presentation that you are building.
From here, you can:
- Add content (or, "Components) to one of the two Content Areas
- Change the way that the navigation appears or the layout of the page
- Add additional pages to your web Presentation by clicking on the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a blue mark on it
- Rearrange the order of pages by clicking on the icon that looks like up- and down-arrows
Step 2: Select "Add Component" to search for or add content to one of the areas. Here are the most common components you would add:
- You can search and add an "Artifact." Remember, you'll need to upload any files, such as images, Word documents or .pdf files, before you can add them to a Presentation layout. Also, only images will appear in-place in a page; Word documents or .pdf files will appear as links that will open outside the Presentation.
- You can create a "Text Area," which will allow you to type directly into an area of the layout. With a "Text Area," you can have text appear directly on the pages of your layout. If you cut and paste text from another location (say, a Word document), just remember that you may need to reformat the text so that it appears as you would like it.
Step 3: Once you've added components to a page of your Presentation, you can edit how they appear and where they appear in the page itself. Click on the down-arrow in the upper-right hand corner of the box in which your component appears.
You can then choose from among these options:
- Edit the display options, or, the way it appears or is displayed in the page (see below)
- Edit or view the artifact itself in a new window
- Move the component up or down in the Content Area
- Move it to another Content Area
- Remove it from the Presentation (if it is an Artifact, this deletes the item from the Presentation, not from your Artifact area; text areas will be permanently deleted)
- For images only, you can display the Artifact in the page so that it appears as the image itself (either re-sized or not).
- Other components will appear as links in the page.
D2L 9.2.1 SP6 – November 2011