1. In the D2L HTML editor, click the [Advanced] tab.
2. Click [Insert Stuff] in the second row of tools, third icon from the right - the icon looks like a play/pause/stop button
3. Click [Choose File] and select the .jpg or other picture file from your computer. (Optional: choose the location to store the file in D2L.)
4. Click [Upload] in the far lower right side of the popup window.
5. You will see your huge image in the popup window. Type a title for the image, and type alternative text describing the image if it is not purely decorative.
6. To resize the image, type a number in the [Width] box. Usually a number between 400 and 600 will give you a good size for D2L.
7. Click [Refresh Preview] to see how your resized image will look in D2L. If you want it larger or smaller, type a larger or smaller number in the [Width] box. (Hint: LEAVE the check in the box marked [Lock aspect ratio], in order to keep your image from looking squashed or stretched.)
8. When you're satisfied with the size, click [Insert].
9. Finish composing your message or announcement, etc. and then click [Save].