To see "User Progress" and "Grades" in D2L for a student who withdrew or dropped the course:
1. From the D2L Course Home page, click [Classlist]
2. Click [Report]
3. Scroll down past the statistics to the list of "Withdrawals"
4. Find the student's name
5. Click the [Grades] icon (yellow ruler with green checkmark) -or- the [User Progess] icon (circle of dots)
Important notes about User Progress:
- The D2L course site must be Active. If it's not active, the inquiry yields "No tools enabled for this course." Screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/TnISmL9e (This can be a problem because inquiries often come after the semester is over, when a student is trying to get a refund, or financial aid is involved.)
- From the above screen, selecting a different course will *also* spontaneously change WHICH student's User Progress is being reported, if the original student isn't enrolled in the course that was chosen! Video demonstration: http://screencast.com/t/D3iCwnurN (This can be a problem because it would be very easy for the instructor not to notice the switch to a different student, and could report inaccurate data as a result.)
- If a student withdrew (or was administratively dropped) from ALL D2L courses, no User Progress data is available for the student at all. Video demo: http://screencast.com/t/FltTlavPip
The work-around for all these issues is for the instructor to
- re-enroll the student from the Classlist, and/or make the course site active ...
- gather the needed information ... and then
- unenroll the student from the course site (again, from the Classlist) and/or make the course site Inactive again.
To enroll someone from the Classlist:
To unenroll someone from the Classlist:
To make a D2L course site Active:
To make a D2L course site Inactive:
D2L 9.2.1 SP3 – September 2011